Skip to content

General

Hi Experts! We love your ideas!

Please share your ideas here so we can continue to make the site better for you.

Note that we may not be able to fulfill all requests, but we’ll try our best to do what we can. Please keep the conversation to potential ideas and positive/constructive comments. Lounge rules apply.

270 results found

1. Make the new tier system fair instead of a pay cut

The new tier system has many pluses but also MANY negatives, The math doesn't work out, and the grading doesn't seem fair. Most experts in the HVAC category are being placed into silver (6.50$) whilst the questions we do now are worth 14.38. The top tier is 9.50$ and is basically proven impossible to get into.

Checking with many home improvement experts we all feel the same. Disdain for this new policy. Make it fair or don't make it at all. The experts should not be PUNISHED with less money because of a system that justanswer started and wasn't happy…

48 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Fix Secure Remote assistance for Mac

When helping Mac users they have to download Java, then add in JustAnswers domain to the Java exception list, then grant access to Screen Connect in Privacy and Security as its an unknown developer, this all takes time and customers get annoyed very quickly.
    Either resolve the issues above so a user can just open screen connect and let us connected (like a windows user) or replace the product and use something like Goto Assist, Log Me In etc, as the current tool is putting off alot of MAc users, in addiiton to not letting us connect to tablets and…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Automate the spin of the wheel for chips

Where an expert has obtained 100 or more spins due to have a large number of chips they can spend a great deal of time 'spinning the wheel' as you have to wait 5 seconds before you can spin again if you have lost, and if clicking too soon you can some times lose a spin.
    Provide an option to 'auto spin' so the wheel keeps spinning until you win (or run out of chips), that way you can answer questions and check back to see if you won.
    To date I have probably lost over an hour of my…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ask customer for the make, the model and the serial number of the engine.

This saves the expert and the customer allot of time.
    The correct expert that knows that engine can reply.
    As it is now we have to ask for the make, the model and the serial number. Then we fiund out we don't work on that particular engine. The expert has to opt out. Then another expert might pick it up. Then customer never comes back.
    Also I don't reply to allot of questions that don't have this info.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Low Value Questions

Please stop lowering values on members questions from the low value of 14.74 to the even lower value of 9.00 per question. Appraisers have to do a lot of research in order to obtain all the information customers want on their items. Sometimes many items per question. It is not fair to the appraiser to expect them to work for 14.74 per question much less 9.00 per question. Just be up front and tell the customer they are signed up for a limited amount of questions per month, and once they use them up they have to wait until the…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. make it so we don't have to scroll through categories to miscategorize questions.

When I want to miscat a question, I have to scroll through the list of categories to find what I want. It would save us time if we could type the first letter of the category we are looking for and the system would go to the categories that start with that letter. For example, if I want to miscat something in Canada Law, instead of scrolling to find Canada Law, I can hit the letter "C" until Canada Law is highlighted for me to choose it. Should be an easy fix.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow us to add markers on our active list

The ability to mark or identify questions on our active list by applying flags or colors for questions. We may want to pay more attention to certain questions.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Simplify the vet/pet categories

Suggestion by Dr.MichaelSalkin: I suggest that the category list be elaborated in the following manner so experts need not recategorize as often as we currently do:
    Pets - fish, rat, mouse, guinea pig, hamster, gerbil, chinchilla, ferret
    Large animal vet - cow, sheep, pig, goat, llama, alpaca

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Change HVAC auto replies

Would like to suggest the auto reply questions be changed for the hvac category. Currently the site asks if customer has checked the filters and thermostat. Only about 3% of hvac problems are caused by these to issues. Also the very first thing people do when a unit fails is start by changing filters. I am noticing many new customers are actually offended by the filter question.A better auto response would be to ask for model on equipment so expert can provide assistance specific to their unit.THat is first question an expert usually has to ask to make sure what…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. being able to delete content on closed by moderators

hi there.
    id like to submit a request for a policy change or at least get some feedback.
    I have noticed that some people have figured out how to abuse the system.
    ll they have to do is have moderator close the question and they basically got their answer for free.
    Id like to be able to remove attachments like wiring diagrams (which i have to pay for) because they wiill still be able to access my diagrams even if the moderator closes the question.
    so basically all the info they need is on there for them to download for…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Stop dual catting questions.

I totally understand JA's desire to get questions answered as quickly as possible, but at what cost? Someone's life?
    What good does it to to dual cat questions where completely unqualified people can just post anything they want?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make it so that when we hide questions from our Request Center, they remain hidden.

It is cumbersome to have to re-hide the same questions over and over again every time you re-open the Request Center page.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Email expert when refund is given

Experts should receive an email when the customer is refunded.

The way experts find out about refunds right now doesn't work. You close the question so the expert can't reply, and then we have to go to the earnings page to confirm it was refunded.

When a customer accepts remote assistance and the expert fulfills this, we are blind to when the customer is given a refund when the remote assistance is still ongoing.

Example I'm remoted into a customer's computer working on an issue, its taking longer than normal and the customer calls in to get a refund. I'm…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Premium Popup after 1st customer contact is scaring customers

The JustAnswer test of when to show premium services from the 2nd contact to the first contact is scaring customers. I have personally experienced this, and have seen other experts also affected by this.
    The first contact with customers in many cases is to ask questions.
    Providing nothing to the customer on the first contact and then asking for premium services is not right. No wonder the customer either says forget the whole thing, or just wants to continue with textual interaction. Even if they need premium services, they will not accept them after I tell them I cannot continue…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Custom notification sounds for new tickets and customer responses

It would be great to have the ability to "choose" what we want as the default sound for new tickets.
    But even better would be the ability to have 2 different selectable custom sounds, one for when a "NEW" ticket enters the queue (example: Ding-****), and a different sound when a customer responds to an experts answer. (example: Doink)
    In addition, it would be super cool to add a third or fourth sound for when we get a negative rating (example: Aoooga), and when a customer accepts an answer. (example: Cha-Ching)
    Thanks for considering.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Stop using the words "The expert can SOLVE this for you".

When the site is greeting the customer with the automated response system, remove the words "The expert can SOLVE this for you".

I have lost count how many customers rate negative and/or walk away because they perceive a bait and switch. They cannot accept the reality that their problem can only be SOLVED by actual diagnosis, ordering parts, etc.

When the site uses the word SOLVE, they expect nothing less than the expert to fix their problem by pressing a magic "button", and when there is no "easy fix", there is no positive rating.

Remove "SOLVE" now.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. You may note that the questions about paintings and prints remain the Request Center a long time. Often they are not possible to answer with

You may note that the questions about paintings and prints remain the Request Center a long time. Often they are not possible to answer with illegible signatures or unlisted/unknown artists or no signature at all. The correct appraisers are to give values on these types of art is by referencing sold auction prices. These tend to be very low. We are not permitted to quote asking prices for art much like real estate. Almost all my recent negatives result from art questions. The same is true for all of us who value properly.
    Cust have hard time understanding that it…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Rx Not Provided

Is it possible to screen these people out that are looking for an online prescription. I seem to be getting those questions quite often. May be a little disclaimer before the customer starts that says JustAnswer does NOT provide prescriptions.....Just a suggestion to avoid negative ratings and customer asking for refunds.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Screen connect for Mac is a very complicated process for Mac customers.

Suggestion to make screen connect compatible for Mac system.The current option to connect to a Mac using Screen connect is a Java file which is a complicated process for Mac customers also 9 out of 10 times it wont work so please make a dmg file instead of java for easiness.Currently experts are running out of free apps that allows to connect to a Mac computer.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. OLD Radio UNLOCK Codes should be allowed in "CAR ELECTRONICS" ONLY!.

In regards of "Providing any sort of codes to a customer is considered a site policy violation", this is not good for the Customer nor JustAnswer.
    I have been in the Mobile Electronics Business for over 40 years, and providing Radio UNLOCK Codes is NOT a "liability", but a needed asset for Mobile Electronics.
    No one consulted me about this, and In all my over 40 years of 5 shops in different states, I have never had an issue when providing Radio UNLOCK Codes.
    The Radio UNLOCK Codes that JustAnswer should allow are the OLD GM, FORD, HONDA, ACURA and…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14