Skip to content

General

Hi Experts! We love your ideas!

Please share your ideas here so we can continue to make the site better for you.

Note that we may not be able to fulfill all requests, but we’ll try our best to do what we can. Please keep the conversation to potential ideas and positive/constructive comments. Lounge rules apply.

270 results found

1. Revise the Show Notifications feature

I am trying to use the "Show Notifications" feature. As I understood the feature description, it was to help us get to new questions more quickly.
    Unfortunately,, old questions pop-up multiple times with the new questions blocking my attempt to answer a question I am trying to finish to get to the new questions. I can see where notifying us of new questions has its advantages but it is counter-productive to get all these notices about old questions that are still available. As I said, I do like notifications of new questions and new customer responses to questions I am…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. a central email

Sometimes customers want to email me something from their cellphone cause they don't know how to upload videos to youtube or upload other flles to file sharing sites but I always tell them we experts are not allowed to give out our personal emails, so how about a justanswer email account that customers can email or upload to?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Improve the speed of the request center and the active requests page

Please, please, please, finally improve the speed of the request center and especially the active requests page. It just takes terribly long to load especially the active requests page if you have been working on many recent questions. I know that there is the idea to just keep the request center open one time, but this does simply not work, because often, if clicking a new question from the request center, the active requests simply pops-up a second time still (most likely because your session binding via Javascript is simply not working correctly). Now, on top of that, there is…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Limit the amount of troubleshooting and questions "Pearl" asks

I was wondering if we could ask "Pearl" to not ask customers if they've unplugged their TV for a few hours in her opener? It's not relevant and actually confusing for most of the customers posting- and can also be construed as an "Answer" (since it offers troubleshooting- albeit, incorrect troubleshooting). Many of the questions have to do with settings in the TV, enabling a digital audio output, setting up the Wi Fi on the TV, changing the Input, or simply connecting the correct cabling. Unplugging the TV would only be a necessary troubleshooting step in roughly 10% of the…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I have concerns regarding the auto phone call feature.

Many of my customers dont want a phone call and get irritated when the request pops up. This leads to confusion and also them getting angry. Would it not be better that the phone call request is sent by the expert who is actually answering the question? This will give us, the experts, more control on whether a phone call request is feasible in any given conversation.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Stop the computer generated questions to the customer. Most the time it makes us look stupid. We need Year, Make & Model.

Computer generated questions to the customer are mostly off topic or wrong for what the customer needs.
    Makes us look stupid, especially if the customer thinks it is real & not generated.
    Then the customer becomes agitated or suspects the site as useless.
    Separate the asking of "Year", "Make" & "Model"

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Multiple Experts in a Q & A get more control as to when they're ready to be rated.

Hello, there is a feature with the chat window that seems to put Experts that are participating in a "multiple Expert" exchange with the Customer to a disadvantage.

It is that when a previous Expert clicks the "rate me" box, successive
    experts are at risk of a negative rating because they cannot control the timing in which they are ready to be rated. Thus the later Experts are at risk based on the Customer's potential negative experience from previous Experts' comments.

As such, I think it makes sense that rather than a previous Expert's click on the box affecting successive…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Customers are often elderly or not computer saavy and are not able to follow the Add Files instructions for photos. I know that the CS is no

Customers are often elderly or not computer saavy and are not able to follow the Add Files instructions for photos. I know that the CS is not willing to forward to us anymore through support@justanswer.com in these cases. Emailing photos are the only way some customers are willing to continue. Rather than be a complainer, I'd like to be solution-oriented. Would it be possible to implement a site-owned read-only expert email for each expert that wants one so that customers can send photos direct to the expert? I'm sure that if it doesn't exist, some smarty there can create it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Request Center changes

As far as the guidelines for No Click Ratings number 1:
    It has been 72 hours (3 full days) since the customer’s last post on the page.

That can be difficult and time consuming to figure out. Since I see you are redesigning the Request Center may I suggest some type of warning icon or color change when it has gone past the 72 hours, to make it easier for the Experts to find them and in turn takes less time away from actually helping customers.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. What is the model/year of your .......

What is the model/year of your ..............
    I have notice in most Vehicle Categories the Customer is asked:
    What is the model/year of your..........(nissan, chevrolet, ford, etc)
    Please ........we need it broke down into "2" questions to the Customer
    What is the "YEAR" of your...........
    What is the "MODEL" of your ..........
    Most customers are NOT posting one or the other
    We need as much info as possible, otherwise customer may not even come back

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Consider eliminating the minimum $5 charge for call offers we are allowed to make to customers.

I would truly like to see the $5 minimum up-charge for a phone call eliminated for times when I choose to offer a call to a customer. I know that some customers cringe at the up-sell and view my offer as insulting rather than a desire to truly best help them with their questions and issues.

Now, especially with new customers I can see a real potential benefit to experts being able to offer them a call for the price-point that they have chosen for only a question. Most customers with whom I speak are very thankful and impressed with…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Consider eliminating the minimum $5 charge for call offers we are allowed to make to customers.

I would truly like to see the $5 minimum up-charge for a phone call eliminated for times when I choose to offer a call to a customer. I know that some customers cringe at the up-sell and view my offer as insulting rather than a desire to truly best help them with their questions and issues.

Now, especially with new customers I can see a real potential benefit to experts being able to offer them a call for the price-point that they have chosen for only a question. Most customers with whom I speak are very thankful and impressed with…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Consider eliminating the minimum $5 charge for call offers we are allowed to make to customers.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please cancel the $3 promotion

I see many posts where students state that they have paid $3 to unlock solutions and after they make the payments, they find that the solution is not there. Please suggest to management to cancel this $3 promotion (at least in the HW categories) because many times the problem the student is asking is a long one and no expert would be willing to provide a $50 solution for free. Please please consider that.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Pay experts by percentage and reword satisfaction on website

Our website needs to redefine "completely satisfied" or reword it as "fully address the question". The customers feel that they disagree because they do not hear what they want to hear. As tax expert, we cannot lie. They want us to say that this and that should be fine and non taxable. We say no. Then, of course they are not satisfied based on our website definition. So, they don't grade us as satisfied. So, we don't get paid because our website thinks that we must have not have fully addressed the question. Then, we are not paid. We need…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. get another category for automotives called "Aftermarket add-ons" this will cover NON STOCK equipment on the cars like alarms, radios et

This should allow more questions to be taken and answered that would normally NEVER get any attention.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Change your refund policy

Customers should only be allowed to get refunds after 48 hours or a week. I have a customer who came back asking for a rewrite after a whole month, and I'm worried she'll ask for a refund. And another thing, we should be involved in the decision whether or not to give a refund.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Put the customer's phone number on the call acceptance page.

I don't want my calls recorded by the JA call interface which now is the only option displayed. It's a pain to find my way back to the question thread to get the phone number. Google voice works just fine to maintain my privacy.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?