Skip to content

General

Hi Experts! We love your ideas!

Please share your ideas here so we can continue to make the site better for you.

Note that we may not be able to fulfill all requests, but we’ll try our best to do what we can. Please keep the conversation to potential ideas and positive/constructive comments. Lounge rules apply.

270 results found

1. Make the new tier system fair instead of a pay cut

The new tier system has many pluses but also MANY negatives, The math doesn't work out, and the grading doesn't seem fair. Most experts in the HVAC category are being placed into silver (6.50$) whilst the questions we do now are worth 14.38. The top tier is 9.50$ and is basically proven impossible to get into.

Checking with many home improvement experts we all feel the same. Disdain for this new policy. Make it fair or don't make it at all. The experts should not be PUNISHED with less money because of a system that justanswer started and wasn't happy…

48 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Screen connect for Mac is a very complicated process for Mac customers.

Suggestion to make screen connect compatible for Mac system.The current option to connect to a Mac using Screen connect is a Java file which is a complicated process for Mac customers also 9 out of 10 times it wont work so please make a dmg file instead of java for easiness.Currently experts are running out of free apps that allows to connect to a Mac computer.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. OLD Radio UNLOCK Codes should be allowed in "CAR ELECTRONICS" ONLY!.

In regards of "Providing any sort of codes to a customer is considered a site policy violation", this is not good for the Customer nor JustAnswer.
    I have been in the Mobile Electronics Business for over 40 years, and providing Radio UNLOCK Codes is NOT a "liability", but a needed asset for Mobile Electronics.
    No one consulted me about this, and In all my over 40 years of 5 shops in different states, I have never had an issue when providing Radio UNLOCK Codes.
    The Radio UNLOCK Codes that JustAnswer should allow are the OLD GM, FORD, HONDA, ACURA and…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. This is like the 5th time I have seen AI say check fuel rail. Makes absolutely no sense

[Second opinion] We have a Nissan Altima SE and it won't start (2003). We pulled the codes and it said Cam position sensors which we replaced. It also said VVTI solenoids which we replaced. We also replaced the crank position sensor and fuel pump. We tried locking the car with the key and unlocking it but still won't start. Took it to a mechanic who said it gets spark for one revolution and then no spark. It seems to be a security system failure but we are not positive. It cranks well but won't start.
    JA: Are you certain it's…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would like to recommend a new category withing the "car's" section for (body/trim). We get so many questions

Now we can also have new experts to answer those unanswered questions too.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. New customers are frustrated with the auto premium service offer (live phone call ) in the homework category.

Phone call service is not at all relevant in the writing home work category questions. Neither the customer nor the expert want it but it seems they use the button unknowingly and jump in to trouble. Experts can't send offer for premium service like email delivery as the thread already has another offer. New customers ask why the system is made this much difficult for them. Please review this policy. Remove the live phone call option from writing category. Or else, make experts possible to send premium service offers irrespective of other services offered in the thread.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Low Value Questions

Please stop lowering values on members questions from the low value of 14.74 to the even lower value of 9.00 per question. Appraisers have to do a lot of research in order to obtain all the information customers want on their items. Sometimes many items per question. It is not fair to the appraiser to expect them to work for 14.74 per question much less 9.00 per question. Just be up front and tell the customer they are signed up for a limited amount of questions per month, and once they use them up they have to wait until the…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. You may note that the questions about paintings and prints remain the Request Center a long time. Often they are not possible to answer with

You may note that the questions about paintings and prints remain the Request Center a long time. Often they are not possible to answer with illegible signatures or unlisted/unknown artists or no signature at all. The correct appraisers are to give values on these types of art is by referencing sold auction prices. These tend to be very low. We are not permitted to quote asking prices for art much like real estate. Almost all my recent negatives result from art questions. The same is true for all of us who value properly.
    Cust have hard time understanding that it…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Fix Secure Remote assistance for Mac

When helping Mac users they have to download Java, then add in JustAnswers domain to the Java exception list, then grant access to Screen Connect in Privacy and Security as its an unknown developer, this all takes time and customers get annoyed very quickly.
    Either resolve the issues above so a user can just open screen connect and let us connected (like a windows user) or replace the product and use something like Goto Assist, Log Me In etc, as the current tool is putting off alot of MAc users, in addiiton to not letting us connect to tablets and…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Automate the spin of the wheel for chips

Where an expert has obtained 100 or more spins due to have a large number of chips they can spend a great deal of time 'spinning the wheel' as you have to wait 5 seconds before you can spin again if you have lost, and if clicking too soon you can some times lose a spin.
    Provide an option to 'auto spin' so the wheel keeps spinning until you win (or run out of chips), that way you can answer questions and check back to see if you won.
    To date I have probably lost over an hour of my…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ask customer for the make, the model and the serial number of the engine.

This saves the expert and the customer allot of time.
    The correct expert that knows that engine can reply.
    As it is now we have to ask for the make, the model and the serial number. Then we fiund out we don't work on that particular engine. The expert has to opt out. Then another expert might pick it up. Then customer never comes back.
    Also I don't reply to allot of questions that don't have this info.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. stop blocking premium service offers

once the original expert posts a premium service offer it is locked to him. Even when he opts out of or is opted out of a question, no new expert is allowed to post a premium service offer. In my mind this is a BUG. and should be fixed. But i was told to put it on this page.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Grayed Out "Request NCR" Does Not Convey Enough Info

Any customer question for which the expert has already requested NCR should be visually distinct from questions for which NCR cannot yet request NCR because 72 hours have yet to elapse. Right now both are grayed out and I therefore cannot visually ascertain if I nave already requested NCR.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Establish an trusted expert scheme for automatic accept

I've been an Car expert on Just answer for over 10 years now and there's an aspect to the site which has never sat well with me.

Chiefly that I have to answer 300 questions a month to get paid for 200. This is mainly down to a large number of customers whom post the question, read the answer and never return to rate or bother to rate .
    NCR's can help with this but this relies on me going through the question list regularly to follow up and unless the customer has left sufficient thanks ( which is rare)…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. New layout for Active requests to keep organized.

After a week with JA, I now understand importance of not opting out. With that being said I think it would be helpful if the experts could sort through the numerous Active Requests/non-response requests in their queue as we wait for customers to respond. I have over 20 non responses for 2-4 days at any given time and I'm a neat freak when it comes to workflow lol. As a solution, maybe based on dates, like 2 days old, 3 days old, etc., kind of like an email inbox. This would help to navigate and manage request in an optimal…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow experts to disable the auto-offering of PSRs for situations where they are not appropriate.

The auto-offering of PSRs like "Secure Remote Assistance" continues to create problems in the computer categories. These offers are worded like they are coming from the expert which creates confusion in situations where the SR will not work such as mobile device problems, printer mechanical problems, unbootable PCs, etc. Please create a switch or a way to manually disable the auto offers so the offer isn't sent on questions like the above. The way the offers are worded make the expert look like a fool in situations like the above because the customer believes the expert is sending the offer…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hidden Questions Should Not Make A Sound

Once you have hidden a question the "ding" should not go off if that question pops back up.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Show Hidden Requests Selectively

I have a suggestion that would improve the functionality of your site. You have a feature called "show hidden requests," which shows ALL hidden requests (which could be dozens and dozens of requests). The feature would be far better if it allowed the experts to SELECT specific hidden requests to be shown, instead of all of them.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14