Skip to content

General

Hi Experts! We love your ideas!

Please share your ideas here so we can continue to make the site better for you.

Note that we may not be able to fulfill all requests, but we’ll try our best to do what we can. Please keep the conversation to potential ideas and positive/constructive comments. Lounge rules apply.

270 results found

1. Question should not unlock after posting response

When we post a response to a question, the question unlocks briefly allowing other experts to jump in and allowing them to "steal" your question and post their own response. This should not happen and the expert who caught the question in the first place should be given the advantage. I would like that that the answer should not unlock as soon as we post a response.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Change the rubric to the site (100% money back guarantee) because we work hard and too often customers are getting free legal advice!

This is really getting to me and I'm sure this is being done across the board in one way or another to everyone here.

There is nothing to stop customers from being dishonest-- from getting good, thorough legal advice, and then telling JA they want their money back. There is a lot of dishonesty rampant in this rubric and it's hurting good, hard-working people like us. It's not fair, it's not a measure of our worth as workers here.

Please JA, rethink this policy. People are going to stop giving thorough answers if this keeps happening to them. Example --…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Improve the speed of the request center and the active requests page

Please, please, please, finally improve the speed of the request center and especially the active requests page. It just takes terribly long to load especially the active requests page if you have been working on many recent questions. I know that there is the idea to just keep the request center open one time, but this does simply not work, because often, if clicking a new question from the request center, the active requests simply pops-up a second time still (most likely because your session binding via Javascript is simply not working correctly). Now, on top of that, there is…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Premium Popup after 1st customer contact is scaring customers

The JustAnswer test of when to show premium services from the 2nd contact to the first contact is scaring customers. I have personally experienced this, and have seen other experts also affected by this.
    The first contact with customers in many cases is to ask questions.
    Providing nothing to the customer on the first contact and then asking for premium services is not right. No wonder the customer either says forget the whole thing, or just wants to continue with textual interaction. Even if they need premium services, they will not accept them after I tell them I cannot continue…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. make it easier for clients to tip

I used to frequently get tips from customers, but have not received one in over 2 months. I had a client last night that wanted to tip me, but the screen came up and went away before he was able to. It would be nice to see the clients to easily be able to give their expert a tip if they feel that the service is exceptional. Here's a link to the discussion I had with the client after he posted a second question in order to give me a tip.
    https://professional.justanswer.com/chat/index/a6f9da81d06045d1b5ec8e72d657ec95

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow experts to disable the auto-offering of PSRs for situations where they are not appropriate.

The auto-offering of PSRs like "Secure Remote Assistance" continues to create problems in the computer categories. These offers are worded like they are coming from the expert which creates confusion in situations where the SR will not work such as mobile device problems, printer mechanical problems, unbootable PCs, etc. Please create a switch or a way to manually disable the auto offers so the offer isn't sent on questions like the above. The way the offers are worded make the expert look like a fool in situations like the above because the customer believes the expert is sending the offer…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. For Subscription users, the underpriced Report doesn't have suggested price put in by expert

For Subscription users, the underpriced Report doesn't have suggested price put in by expert. The email that they get, only suggests that customer may add bonus but doesn't say have any comments put in by expert. So customer may add a bonus of even $1 for a question whereas expert was expecting a bonus of say $20. Will be better if the experts comments are sent in underpriced report for subscription customers too, as underpriced is the only tool by which expert can communicate the suggested price to the customer and that too is not working correctly right now.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Pay Experts $100 a day for being awesome

Pay Experts $100 a day for being awesome

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Send an email notice to experts when a refund has been requested for a question they answered

And if the question has been closed, reopen it so that we have the same option as being rated poorly. True, 99% of those customers just wanted the free help anyway, but there's that 1% that might be converted back.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Can we answer our own specific questions?

I am an expert in UK appliances, Uk gas appliances, UK unvented hot water systems, controls and compliant legislation.
    Would it not be a good idea for people competent in these areas to ONLY onswer these questions.
    US experts are getting upset with me putting them right when they are not competent to work on these appliances and out legislation in place.
    I do not answer US questions for the same reason.

I do not guess about my answers - I know.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Fix the chat system so that changing experts doesn't break chat, or add functionality to switch back into chat mode from Q&A mode.

In many categories, using the live chat system is essential to providing a rapid resolution to the customer's problem. When the conversation drops to Q&A either through a bug, an expert opting out, an overzealous IR by another expert, etc... it totally disrupts the customer experience and can turn a resolution that may take less than an hour into a multi-day ordeal for both the customer and the expert. Furthermore, when an expert opts out of a question that is already in chat, other experts may be less inclined to pick the question up knowing they are now stuck in…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The Find Questions page jumps around each time a new question gets posted, which makes it very difficult to read questions. Please stop that

The Find Questions page jumps around each time a new question gets posted, which makes it very difficult to read questions. Please make it stop doing that.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Fix dual categorized questions so they appear on the question list for experts of the "second category" Also work around in the meantime

Fix dual categorized questions so they appear on the question list for experts of the "second category" Also work around in the meantime.
    I asked to have this checked because as far as I am aware it has never showed up on the new Pearl question list. Then on 3-30-14 a dual categorized question came up on the desktop notifier but it did not appear on the Pearl question list and no email was ever received for the question. Thus if it wasn't seen on the notifier, no one would know it was even there to answer the question.

I…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow questions to be rated POSITIVE even when the disable box is checked.

Some customers try to rate positive when the disabled box is checked. It will not allow them. Some will not come back to rate when the box is unchecked. Please allow positive ratings.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. move the expert requested

Right now the name of the expert requested is in red on the right hand side of the page. With questions being few and far between I tend not to have the full window open so I do not always see who or if someone was requested. Is it possible to move that over to the left just under the question itself? It may not seem like a big thing but when a question comes up I am so thrilled to see a new one that I click on it without seeing the right side of my screen. When I…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make question list work for mobil users.

The old question list worked fine on my phone but the new one does not work at all. Seems like a step backwards, having mobil access for experts would be a benefit to customers.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow customers to request an expert even when they are offline.

Recently I learned that if a customer requests an expert while they are offline, via their profile page, that the customer is redirected to asking another expert who is online instead. It's hard to develop a loyal customer following if they can not request their favorite expert when needed.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. "CA Real Property law" category name change to "California Property Law" avoid confusion with Canada Property Law questions

There has been confusion with customers posting Canadian Real Estate Questions in the CA Real Property category. We are answering the questions based on California Property Law principles and then forwarding the question to the proper category resulting in delay for the customer, and a waste of time for the expert.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make negative feedback removal requests subject to Peer Review after the removal request is refused.

Make negative feedback removal requests subject to Peer Review after the removal request is refused.
    Rather like the peer review process where an Answer is flagged unfavorably by another Expert. (Which function seems to be quite disused in recent years.)
    I think that 3-out-of-3 Experts, chosen at random from the field the negative feedback by a customer was delivered to, all giving their opinion that the negative feedback should be removed, might be sufficient proof that it was indeed invalid enough. (Even if not 2-of-3, or 1-of-3 :)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. New rule.If an expert is working with client,Prohibit another from jumping in with answer based on what has been discussed so far.

Do away with Peer Conversation page.Once an expert posts info requests and is working with a client.it should be off limits unless expert opts out or is totally wrong.We have one expert in hvac who will watch the Peer Conversations following expert's troubleshooting and jump in right before expert posts answer and demand to be rated.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General