Skip to content

General

Hi Experts! We love your ideas!

Please share your ideas here so we can continue to make the site better for you.

Note that we may not be able to fulfill all requests, but we’ll try our best to do what we can. Please keep the conversation to potential ideas and positive/constructive comments. Lounge rules apply.

270 results found

1. Add a prompt for customers to enter their name

Few customers volunteer their name when asking their question. I think customers should be asked to enter their name when asking a question so that communicating the answer can be made more personal. This would help customers realize they are receiving an individual, tailored answer to their question and make the experience more personal and valuable for them.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Policy change about experts jumping in on each other

Other question and expert sites on the web do not allow experts to jump in on other experts unless they are reporting a wrong answer which makes sense. Your policy of "anything goes" for the most part can lead to the problems, especially when the question volume is low. I would like to suggest a change in the policy. If the other expert has something to add then an Assist would be recommended and only if you are reporting a WRONG answer can you jump in on another expert . Leaving it up to the discretion of the experts is…

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Experts locking chats for hours

Other experts must be able to step in if the expert in the chat keeps posting wrong suggestions and keeps the chat locked for hours until the customer gives up and walks away. There used to be report option for Incorrect Answer which would allow other experts to post the correct answer.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. stop blocking exe and zip files

You currently block us from giving customers links with exe or zip files. We are experts and you have to trust our recommendations. Instead we are forced to either give a link to another page where the customer has to find the right link to click or use a 3rd party site to change the exe to a tinyurl or similar.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Icon for custiomer

I would like to have an pencil icon showing the customer that we are working on an answer. Skype uses this to show that a repsonse is being written.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add expert

Add expert chat so that experts can IM eachother

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Display an Expert's name who accepted the phone call offer

Since any Expert in a category can accept a customer's phone call offer, my suggestion is to display that Expert's name on the question page, so that both the customer and other Experts can clearly see who accepted the phone call offer. That would surely help solve the confusion in cases when another Expert accepts the phone call offer, while the customer thinks that the original Expert (who is chatting with them) should call them.

Such notification could be something similar to what happens when an Expert opts-out - other Experts can see it on the question page.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Fix Secure Remote assistance for Mac

When helping Mac users they have to download Java, then add in JustAnswers domain to the Java exception list, then grant access to Screen Connect in Privacy and Security as its an unknown developer, this all takes time and customers get annoyed very quickly.
    Either resolve the issues above so a user can just open screen connect and let us connected (like a windows user) or replace the product and use something like Goto Assist, Log Me In etc, as the current tool is putting off alot of MAc users, in addiiton to not letting us connect to tablets and…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. You may note that the questions about paintings and prints remain the Request Center a long time. Often they are not possible to answer with

You may note that the questions about paintings and prints remain the Request Center a long time. Often they are not possible to answer with illegible signatures or unlisted/unknown artists or no signature at all. The correct appraisers are to give values on these types of art is by referencing sold auction prices. These tend to be very low. We are not permitted to quote asking prices for art much like real estate. Almost all my recent negatives result from art questions. The same is true for all of us who value properly.
    Cust have hard time understanding that it…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Rotate questions

Experts have been pressed for 100% reaction to questions. At the moment, when JA/Pearl have a lot of unanswered questions, they get new experts. I contend that existing experts leave because they are not able to answer enough questions, leaving only a few.

At the moment, it works like this: Expert A, B and C are online. A question is placed on the board and whomever locks it first answers it. But for some or other reason, it is always expert A that locks first. Expert B and C becomes frustrated and leaves the site. The problem is compounded because…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Change the initial locking process for new questions.

Change the initial locking process for new questions to

A: Add a random 5 to 10 second delay where the question can be read but not locked.

B: Do server-side random assignment of a new question from a pool of all experts who have clicked on the lock link during an initial 5 to 10 second review period.

Both of these would give the experts time to review the new question and decide if they are truly capable of answering instead of clicking on it blindly just to have the opportunity of answering a question. They would be a countermeasure…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Positive Ratings NON-refundable

JA site states...100% satisfaction guaranteed!!!

WELL JA...if the customer themselves clicks 3 stars or more which clearly says SATISFIED on it...then why don't you stand behind your Experts and protect them

2 stars or less (or no rating) = refundable
    3 stars or more = satisfied = NON-refundable

You want to build a better JA?

Protect your greatest asset...your Experts that provide the ANSWERS that are the very source of the gobs of money JA makes

And you wont even have to change the website promise...100% money back guarantee if you are NOT SATISFIED (fine print...ratings given will lock down…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. ACCEPT BUTTON or SOMETHING ELSE SHOULD BE USED IN PLACE OF RATINGS BUTTONS

The current rating system is unworkable and unwieldy for the customers and the experts. Either come up with something more workable or replace it with the original accept button that was used for almost 10 years. There was no confusion among customers and experts were paid for 80-90 percent of their answers. Perhaps an Accept button and THEN once accepted the customer can be directed to a ratings page to rate the service.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add remote desktop feature like logmein.com so we can just fix it ourselves if user allows

Maybe you could partner with logmein or similar service. Sure, it would have to come with major limitations for security (and liability) reasons, but I think the customers would really find value in it.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Let the first expert see which other (second) expert accepted a remote-assistance

I had it happen several times on me that I was the first expert to reply to a question and then another expert accepted a remote-assistance which I missed to see. All fine with that, he gets paid for it, I get the amount of the original-question. The problem is: several times, experts who accept remote-assistances, simply never contact the client at all (maybe they forget about it, maybe they do it on intention). So the client, after a while, will start complaining that the remote-assistance he paid for, was not performed. And the one who gets the blame and…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Review Bogus Negative Ratings.

I just received a negative rating, after not having a chance to answer the question. All negative ratings should be reviewed before being allowed. If the authorities insist on not implementing this, then post the answers that garnered the negative rating, so potential customers can see they were without merit. Also, if a patient gives a negative rating they should not be allowed to OPT OUT without a rebuttal from the EXPERT. Why send an E Mail to "convert" a customer when it is impossible to do so.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Reduce the staggering amount of time outs and closed questions by customers

Almost half of my questions that I answered have been closed by the customer after receiving an answer and then closing it. We (and Pearl) are giving away thousands of dollars in answers a month. I think a stricter policy on clients to protect us is in order. Perhaps a minimum pay out penalty for timed out or closed answers which were given.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. timed out questions find way to get paid for experts

we all have seen more than 1/2 questions we answer they time out . and we don't get paid now how we know if money was refunded ? all this timed out questions loose so much time and money for us experts. there must be better way for us to get paid on timed out questions some costumer will never rate or come back just read answer pay web page and go .I can answer 500 questions a month and I will get about 200 paid and rest times out is not fair .

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. How can we make sure that Opted out Questions get responses/Answers from another Expert?

We're working on some changes you've asked for with the Opt out Feature (automatic opt out message to the Customer when an Expert opts out and more) and we may do this in conjunction with other enhancements to the opt out feature overall. We'd love to hear your thoughts were around this issue.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Customer Opt out

This new Customer Opt out function is not a bad idea, I just think it needs to be tweaked. Many times customers are opting out and not giving us the experts time to reply. Many times we are looking up information, checking for bulletins or recall information or could be in the middle of typing and the customer opts out. Customers have been opting out with in 1 min to 5 mins. This does not give us the time to respond. Not all Automotive experts are fast typers and it does take time for us to look up information. Allowing…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General