Skip to content

General

Hi Experts! We love your ideas!

Please share your ideas here so we can continue to make the site better for you.

Note that we may not be able to fulfill all requests, but we’ll try our best to do what we can. Please keep the conversation to potential ideas and positive/constructive comments. Lounge rules apply.

270 results found

1. add a "expert not online" tab

sometimes customers get impatient if we dont answer them right away and they get mad.
    if we add a "im not online, but ill be with you as soon as i can" tab at the top of the page, than they might not leave so many "helloo" or "why arent you answering me" replies
    thanks

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. make it possible to move the Call Request pop-up so we can see what's behind it.

I have had a lot of customers who accidentally accept (or don't realize the calls are extra) who will post "I can't afford that!". If we could see what was behind the pop-up, without being first obligated to accept or decline, this would save effort of customer service and increase satisfaction of the customers.

Additionally, when you click past the call request to see what information was posted, it automatically declines.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. For tech(email) related issues, customer contact number must be visible on the page.

Generally, we help old customer here at Justanswer for tech(email) related issues. If there is email related issue, customer does not get emails from us and cannot reply back to us in most of the cases as he/she once closed down the justanswer page.

In this case, customer contact number must be visible and we should be permitted to call them on that number so that we can continue to help our customers.

And once we fix the issue, this will make repeat customers.

All of the tech support companies in the world use phone support first and then remote…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Custom notification sounds for new tickets and customer responses

It would be great to have the ability to "choose" what we want as the default sound for new tickets.
    But even better would be the ability to have 2 different selectable custom sounds, one for when a "NEW" ticket enters the queue (example: Ding-****), and a different sound when a customer responds to an experts answer. (example: Doink)
    In addition, it would be super cool to add a third or fourth sound for when we get a negative rating (example: Aoooga), and when a customer accepts an answer. (example: Cha-Ching)
    Thanks for considering.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Put the customer's phone number on the call acceptance page.

I don't want my calls recorded by the JA call interface which now is the only option displayed. It's a pain to find my way back to the question thread to get the phone number. Google voice works just fine to maintain my privacy.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Stop using the words "The expert can SOLVE this for you".

When the site is greeting the customer with the automated response system, remove the words "The expert can SOLVE this for you".

I have lost count how many customers rate negative and/or walk away because they perceive a bait and switch. They cannot accept the reality that their problem can only be SOLVED by actual diagnosis, ordering parts, etc.

When the site uses the word SOLVE, they expect nothing less than the expert to fix their problem by pressing a magic "button", and when there is no "easy fix", there is no positive rating.

Remove "SOLVE" now.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Consider eliminating the minimum $5 charge for call offers we are allowed to make to customers.

I would truly like to see the $5 minimum up-charge for a phone call eliminated for times when I choose to offer a call to a customer. I know that some customers cringe at the up-sell and view my offer as insulting rather than a desire to truly best help them with their questions and issues.

Now, especially with new customers I can see a real potential benefit to experts being able to offer them a call for the price-point that they have chosen for only a question. Most customers with whom I speak are very thankful and impressed with…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. What is the model/year of your .......

What is the model/year of your ..............
    I have notice in most Vehicle Categories the Customer is asked:
    What is the model/year of your..........(nissan, chevrolet, ford, etc)
    Please ........we need it broke down into "2" questions to the Customer
    What is the "YEAR" of your...........
    What is the "MODEL" of your ..........
    Most customers are NOT posting one or the other
    We need as much info as possible, otherwise customer may not even come back

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Limit the amount of troubleshooting and questions "Pearl" asks

I was wondering if we could ask "Pearl" to not ask customers if they've unplugged their TV for a few hours in her opener? It's not relevant and actually confusing for most of the customers posting- and can also be construed as an "Answer" (since it offers troubleshooting- albeit, incorrect troubleshooting). Many of the questions have to do with settings in the TV, enabling a digital audio output, setting up the Wi Fi on the TV, changing the Input, or simply connecting the correct cabling. Unplugging the TV would only be a necessary troubleshooting step in roughly 10% of the…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. We finally need a custom bonus option *after* a remote assistance was done

Hi JA Expert Ops,

I want to emphasize once again that we really do need a way that a customer can enter a customer bonus amount AFTER a remote assistance was sold to them via the "Write a review give a bonus" button. It is lost money for JustAnswer and for us as experts otherwise.

I know that they can enter a custom amount if submitting a manual rating (so without a remote assistance), but after a remote assistance has been done, I have the case ever so often that they wish to pay a $20 bonus because they´ve been…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Requests for Prescriptions

Hi, it seems like close to 40-50% of customers are seeking prescriptions or prescription refills in the pharmacy category. I know there is an intake template which they fill out before the question is forwarded to an expert (how long has it been going on, have you seen a doctor, etc). I think it would be prudent to put a disclaimer at the top of this template to indicate that the experts on the site will not be able to prescribe or call in prescriptions for them.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Establish an trusted expert scheme for automatic accept

I've been an Car expert on Just answer for over 10 years now and there's an aspect to the site which has never sat well with me.

Chiefly that I have to answer 300 questions a month to get paid for 200. This is mainly down to a large number of customers whom post the question, read the answer and never return to rate or bother to rate .
    NCR's can help with this but this relies on me going through the question list regularly to follow up and unless the customer has left sufficient thanks ( which is rare)…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I would like to recommend a new category withing the "car's" section for (body/trim). We get so many questions

Now we can also have new experts to answer those unanswered questions too.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. OLD Radio UNLOCK Codes should be allowed in "CAR ELECTRONICS" ONLY!.

In regards of "Providing any sort of codes to a customer is considered a site policy violation", this is not good for the Customer nor JustAnswer.
    I have been in the Mobile Electronics Business for over 40 years, and providing Radio UNLOCK Codes is NOT a "liability", but a needed asset for Mobile Electronics.
    No one consulted me about this, and In all my over 40 years of 5 shops in different states, I have never had an issue when providing Radio UNLOCK Codes.
    The Radio UNLOCK Codes that JustAnswer should allow are the OLD GM, FORD, HONDA, ACURA and…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Screen connect for Mac is a very complicated process for Mac customers.

Suggestion to make screen connect compatible for Mac system.The current option to connect to a Mac using Screen connect is a Java file which is a complicated process for Mac customers also 9 out of 10 times it wont work so please make a dmg file instead of java for easiness.Currently experts are running out of free apps that allows to connect to a Mac computer.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Fix the multiple email notifications

This issue has been going on for weeks.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Experts shouldn't be blocked from answering a new question until they have two or three pending Replies to respond to.

Many times Replies in a continuing thread do not need an quick response. Getting blocked from a new question to answer simple greeting type Replies is unfair. The expert should be permitted to decide the Answering order. Suggest limiting to 3 waiting questions before blocking a new answer.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Agree button is NOT used effectively to induce customer payment. Changes should be made. See my comments below.

The current format only accepts one or two "agrees". This must be changed so that ALL agrees are shown -- it is more powerful to see "6 experts agree with this" than just one and may help convince the customer to pay the expert for their time. Each agree should be separately emailed to the customer WITH any comments made by the agreeing attorney in the body of the email. A customer might pay the first expert if he gets 5 emails that tell him that the expert gave "A 100% correct answer" with a line or two comments regarding…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Remove "To finish..." from the rating menu.

This confuses the customer because they think that when they rate their question closes and they cannot post follow-ups. So sometimes they go away and never rate. Yes, I know that auto-email reminders to rate are sent, but since JA conveniently withholds certain statistics to themselves, it is difficult to tell how often those auto-email reminders actually work.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please add to the character count in the description under the title of the expert

This seems to have had a wider count at some time as some experts have added more information than I seem to be able to get in the field. If this was narrowed, I think it should be opened up again as it does add trust to have a bit more information under the title and picture if possible.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?