Skip to content

Expert

Welcome to our official feedback forum. Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!

448 results found

1. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. redirect from parent company so other categories are easily seen

I have not been on JA as a customer in a long time and many things have changed since then, and since there has been a down-slide in the normal pet questions from my perspective, and almost none in the dog training /behavior questions I decided to go on and get the perspective from the customer’s side. I wanted to ask a training question but could not find any way to find a trainer on site. My choices were Veterinary only. I looked around for a drop down list of extended categories and found none. At the bottom of the…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Improve the primary profile page to reflect an expert's expertise in the category that is specific to the question asked.

It is counterproductive to show a general profile that says an expert is a plumber when he is answering a question in another category. Customer's should see the experts credentials that are relevant to the category of the question asked not some general profile if an expert is qualified in multiple categories

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Mitchel Ondemand and Identifix

I have seen other sites that answer auto questions have Mitchel Ondemand and Identifix would also be nice for the experts to use for free so that the experts on this site can cut and paste diagrams and such, many people are asking for the repair manual steps for repair and I think JA/Perl could partner up with then and get that free for experts?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Increase visibility/feedback for category application status

I have applied to a large number of categories across different fields, all of which have been "swallowed up" by the system without notification, reason or status updates.
    I find this quite unacceptable, especially when I often see many questions I can answer in a category (eg. programming) which I am quite professional capable of helping with.

I understand that I am not admitted as a result of an influx of other professionals, but the lack of updates on progress is absolutely frustrating, and quite frankly, unacceptable.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Have an "Expert of the Year" award w/cash instead of an emblem

I think JA should have an "Expert of the Year" together with a cash award for each category since the "Expert of the Month" is just a title that you can't earn now. Perhaps part timers would work more?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I would like to see the option to split our earnings between more than one Paypal account at each monthly payout.

Currently there is only the option to have earnings deposited into one Paypal account. I would like to see the option to have at least 2 slots, so that we can more easily split our income into separate accounts if necessary... i.e.: $100 into an account used for emergencies or savings, and the remainder into our normal account. Thank you for the consideration!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. ability for customers to PM expert when confidentialy is required to solve customer problem

I know there is a separate forum for features, but felt this would be better here since its computer related.

There are times where we need to get secure information from customers, to be able to help them. CPanel logins, FTP, Router Passwords, Document Passwords, serial numbers, keys, etc... Instead of having the customer post the information in QA or chat which is insecure, there should be an option to have the customer PM the expert the required information.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be nice if there is a option to switch to the chat mode just like switching to QA mode

Now a days i see a lot of questions that just opens in QA mode only.i have no idea why it's happening.it would be nice if there is a option to switch to the chat mode just like switching to QA mode also In this way the professional/expert can continue in chat mode even after its opted out or re-listed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It would be really great if the legal subcategories were alphabetized within the legal category. There are now about 15 subcategories that a

It would be really great if the legal subcategories were alphabetized within the legal category. There are now about 15 subcategories that are ordered according to the date established. Alphabetical ordering of these subcategories would make miscatting much faster for me.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Have a VERIFIED tag next to the name of a doctor whose license and actual name has been verified.

Give doctors and other professionals the option to scan and email in a copy of their actual physician license which will confirm their credentials and their actual name. These doctors will have a prominent VERIFIED tag. When customers know they are dealing with an actual physician who is using his or her real name and whose credentials have been verified, customers are more likely to place greater trust in that professional and in his or her answers, and in the Just Answer company in general. (Sermo is another company that was able to do this well, by using a third-party…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. stop allowing Experts to opt back into questions they've discarded.

It's infuriating when an Expert opts out of a question and walks away from it, stating that it is now opened up for other Experts to address, then runs back to it and submits an answer using information another Expert obtained. Once out, an Expert should stay out unless they find that no other Expert has picked the question up. Otherwise, it's poaching. It's shiftless and lazy.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow experts to recategorize questions more than once before needing moderator intervention.

Sometimes questions are placed in general categories by experts from other categories. It's not their fault, they just don't know subcategories well.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Put customer feedback score/count on the question page

I think that customer feedback actually serves a purpose. If a customer was unpleasant or they get a refund, it's good to see that right below their response, just like our feedback score is shown. Conversely, though, when a customer is truly exceptional and (the reason I posted this question) an asset to JA, shouldn't that be reflected on their profile? I want to see good customers recognized for being exceptional. And if they have no feedback, I want to see that area blank. If they have 1 or more negatives and zero positives, I want to see a big…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Offer a JA Trivia Game in Real-Time

Maybe once a week we could create a Jeopardy style game that works in real-time where we have multiple rounds each consisting of 10 questions, The questions would be different for each field, it would most likely be a multiple question style game where after the 10 questions the highest expert in that round would receive JA chips. This would keep experts sharp on the questions they may run into and also keep us entertained :)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. create a separate category for natural / alternative / complemetary medicine and herbal medicine.

As a Chinese Medicine physician with six years of experience in Chinese diagnosis and herbal formulations, it is extremely frustrating to me to see people's questions in this area get answered shallowly, or even worse, incorrectly. This happens because they are currently mixed in with general medical questions (no offense to you Western physicians!). I believe we would provide better customer service and more professional responses if this category were created. That way customers will see that it exists as an independent category, they will know that we have experts in this area, and they can categorize their medical questions…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Texas Real Estate as State-Specific Category

I was told me there are going to be new state-specific real estate categories for CA and Florida. If this is true, then Texas should also be state-specific. Texas has 3 of the 10 largest cities in the country and is the second most populus state in the U.S. with over 25,000,000 people. So, if these two states warrant state-specificity, then so should Texas. What do I need to do to further the cause for Texas equal treatment? :) Thanks.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Label the U.S. legal categories for customers to prevent so many miscategorizations

It would be helpful if United States legal categories were labeled as such for customers, such as United States Family Law, United States Criminal, etc. We get a TON of questions from the U.K., Canada and Australia as well as legal categories for countries we don't even have, like Singapore. It would cut down on miscats if customers knew "Oh, that's U.S. family law, I'm in the UK, let me keep looking."

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Why don't you initiated a Welding category so people will know answers are available??

If you included a more defined list of available experts by category, i.e. Welding, more people might know answers are available.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Expert