Skip to content

Expert

Welcome to our official feedback forum. Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!

448 results found

1. Allow customers to view answers confidentially without it being posted on Google or search engines.

I worked extensively on an answer for a customer, posted the answer and before they were able to view it, it had already been downloaded by SOMEONE ELSE and turned in. The customer was very angry and I had done custom work with no recourse. It is unfair to the client who has paid and should have first priority and to the expert who has worked extensively for answers to be taken by a third party who had paid $3 to JA for a $100 question.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Auto Accept on responses such as "Thanks very much for you help, it worked"

Many of my customers in the past have been very happy with my help and have acknowledged that the answer did actually work. However they did not use the term "I accept your answer" nor did they ever return to click accept, therefore I never got compensated. I am not entirely sure how this can actually be implemented, but this is the basic idea.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Remove prompt to rate answer when switching to Q and A

Sometimes I just do not want to use Chat anymore and when I switch to Q and A there is a post that says to Rate Answer. I do not want this since it gives the customer the impression that the session is over when it is not. I have received negative ratings because of this problem. Just make a post that says that the expert switched over to Q and A and to continue the conversation.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Phone consultations

Be able to direct someone over the phone. Sometimes as a electrician we need the customer to shut off all electricity to the house and we lose them, or they do as instructed and never come back and rate because their power is back on and why bother getting back online. Sometimes it's easier to talk with someone.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Shorter Immunity times in Veterinary and Pet Categories.

In Vet, Dog Vet, Cat Vet, as well as, Dog, Cat, and Vet, there are almost always over 5 experts logged in at any given time. When a question goes 10 minutes, even 7 minutes, with no response, you know there is a problem with the question. This is common when the customer states in the question that they have no money, they question is several paragraphs long, or when the write something disparaging about vets and charges to begin with. Best to shorter the immunity timer. Might help for a few more questions to be addressed in a timely…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Excahnge rates update for USD/GBP

Could one of the admin team advise when the US / GBP exchange rates were last updated? Rates look to have been pretty static for a long time now and there has been a pretty significant slide of the US dollar against the pound over the last year

Current exchange rate Peal/JA appears to be using is something like 1.43USD/1GBP as compared to the wholesale rate of 1.64USD/1GBP which following the slide is quite adrift of the market even factoring in bank fees on exchange.

I recall seeing a post a long time ago that exchange rates are updated manually…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Stop the automatic remote assistance prompts

The automated remote assistance prompts are really problematic with customers. They interfere with the beginning conversation flow. I can't tell you guys how many times I will get a "NO" (this is them responding NO to the remote assistance prompt) from the customer right at the beginning of a conversation before it is even clear that a remote will be appropriate. It creates ill will right up front in the conversation.
    I think you can rely on your Experts to know when a remote is required and submit the offer accordingly.
    It is my opinion that you will see an…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Pay experts once a week, not monthly.

This would make experts work harder and answer more questions.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Let the expert get paid immediately for every question answered!

Especially if they have gone back and forth with the customer for more than one sentence Then if the customer complains they are not satisfied with their answer, let it go to peer review. Set up a peer review system whereby every expert can rate some of the "not satisfied" answers of other experts in their category but pay them $1 of the $5 deposit for each review done. We need to be compensated better for our time. I don't have time typing answers for hours and not get paid for the effort. The site would more experts answering questions…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The "new tier system" doesn't work for experts

The new tier system that is currently being implemented by JA seems very similar to the one rolled out in the fall of 2020, ineffective and unworkable. There is no feedback given to Experts about a "quality answer" and it is clear that we will still be unable to move up. After trying everything suggested by JA (following many calls and emails with JA representatives), the Expert is still unable to move up in the tier system.
    Is JA trying to get rid of all of its experts on purpose?

Paying experts who hold doctorates to practice in their field…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be really great if the legal subcategories were alphabetized within the legal category. There are now about 15 subcategories that a

It would be really great if the legal subcategories were alphabetized within the legal category. There are now about 15 subcategories that are ordered according to the date established. Alphabetical ordering of these subcategories would make miscatting much faster for me.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Give Experts a place to save notes for each question

Would it be possible to create a Notes section for each question that would allow active Experts on the question to save their own personal notes to? For example, I'm working on a question right now where it's still in Chat mode, but the customer is offline. I have requested some more information, and I have done some research so I can respond quickly based off of their response to my questions. I have 4 tabs open in my browser with relevant info, but it would be nice if I could save those 4 URLs & my thoughts to this…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Better system for subcategory routing

Many questions go to a general topic when there are subtopics available which could provide a much more thorough answer for the customer. These subcategories are hard if not impossible to find, especially if they are beta categories. We need a better way to 1) publicize these subcategories; and 2) direct questions to them - for example, if certain keywords are used in a question, the question could be automatically rerouted to that particular subcategory. Also, perhaps a better attempt to let experts know about these subcategories would be helpful, send listings of the subcategories to the experts in the…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Could the signature box be opened up to allow more characters now that you want accept and feedback language there?

Since we need to put all language relateing to accept and feedback in this small space and not in the window we need more characters. This is a nice suggestion by AnswersbyEric "If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know…
    Please press the Accept Button(and the Smiley Face if prompted ) if I have helped you today so I am credited for my time assisting you. Pressing Accept does not cost you any more, and only by you pressing accept am I compensated. Please don’t leave negative feedback, If something isn’t working let me know…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. develop a mobile app for Experts to use.

A mobile app that allows better access with mobile devices such as my iphone would increase response rates.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. JustAnswer/Pearl app for customer and expert use

Hey JA,

As an expert I'd like to make a suggestion. 

That JustAnswer makes an app.

If a customer is out and about and has a question, but the only Internet service they have is there smartphone, well, I highly think that an Just Answer app will pull more people in.

Also for experts. If they are out of town and need to get replies finished up with, it would be great to use.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Fix the massive delay on the new Expert Communication System located on the My Questions Page.

The Expert Communication System is great, it's good for me to catch up on the latest news, but it cannot be at the price of me not being able to get into My Questions. I am seeing a massive delay in customer responses since this was initiated not too long ago and it takes about two minutes for My Questions to load. None of the other tabs are currently affected. Please fix this ASAP. Thanks! :)

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Change the rating system THIS way

The customer rates on this scale:

-1- Terrible. I’m not paying because the answer was dead wrong.

“How was it wrong?”
    The customer’s refute goes immediately to category mod for peer review.

If the category mod agrees with the Expert, the customer is sent the category mod’s clarification, and is prompoted to rate again.

If the Expert was wrong, they are reported for an incorrect answer, the category moderator provides the customer with the correct answer, and the customer does not have to pay.

-2- That did not fully answer my question

No rating is provided – the Expert is…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Use JA portion of "Expert's Bonus" to create a Bonus Bank

What institution takes half of a worker's BONUS? Other than the IRS, of course. :-(

Why not put the JA portion of an Expert's bonuses into a Bonus Bank for that expert...from which JA can pay him or her later for answers that are accepted by the customer but later refunded.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Expert