Skip to content

Expert

Welcome to our official feedback forum. Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!

448 results found

1. Introduce subcategory of ENT in general medical.

I don't know whether this is the right place to float this idea or not. Questions related to ear, nose & throat diseases are very commonly asked in general medical but many remained unaccepted due to lack of proper experts answering that question. ENT experts are already available in general medical. We have Orthopaedic, Eye, Endocrinology and even drug testing but no subcategory for ENT. I am attaching files which show unaccepted questions in ENT right now on JA's page. A new file with more unaccepted ENT questions can daily be seen on JA's page. Many get accepted but customers…

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add the dog and dog training categories to Pearl site.

Right now all pet questions come under one category and customers can not even see that there is a category for dog training. In addition, experts can not categorize questions into the right categories and it is my understanding that Pearl employees can not either.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Have an indicator light on the Question List to say when the Adwords Advertising is on, letting us know when to expect Questions.

A flashing light on top of the list would tell that Category Advertizing is ON and to be prepared for a spike in questions.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Retract positive ratings & assoc. earnings when an answer is peer reviewed and confirmed incorrect/incomplete.

Allowing the reported expert to keep the earnings & positive ratings on a panel-confirmed bad answer is rewarding substandard work. This will lead to a sour customer base, and a bad name for JA. We discussed this in the lounge recently, and the dozen or so experts seemed to agree.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Give us proper feedback so we can increase our tier rating.

Give us real feedback as to how to increase our scores. It is not fair that in the legal field and other fields the system continues to decrease our payment without telling us what we can do to implement changes. Lawyers are not going to stick around for $4 -$10 a question when we have no idea what we are doing wrong. This isn't fair. We want real feedback so that we can ensure that our scores go up, not down.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add timestamps to chat discussions on each line

From Topic: Chat Abuse & Timers

Some chat users are making the customers wait hours ( which is tolerable) but multiple hours like 12+ is not tolerable or even days. I know customers can also do this which is not the experts fault. Whom ever is slowing up the process the expert or customer, other experts need to know this. That way another can jump in and get this customer the help they deserve and get them finished up and along there way. The current last viewed time and waiting time on the list is not accurate for chat.

The…

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Negative Ratings/Lack of Accepts/Free Answers

In the most recent threads, many pro/experts expressed being unhappy with:

Negative Ratings/Lack of Accepts/Free Answers

The following are my suggestions:

Negative ratings/language/emoticons is an all around bad idea not just for the pro/expert, but for the customer as well. Most customers want to leave satisfied. The site should be guiding the customer towards yes, not overwhelming them with (5) different ratings... way too many options for a "pay for play" site. After a pro/expert and customer have had their IR exchange and an answer has been posted and read, a pop up prompt should appear before moving forward. The…

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Change Negative Ratings Button to a Reply Button

The negative ratings have proven to serve no purpose but to confuse the customer. I also believe it undermines the professionalism with which we want the site to be perceived. Many people don't see the tiny "reply to expert" link under the five big fat smiley icons.

The fact is, customers have a financial incentive to rate an Expert Negatively, making them useless as a quality tool. The things we need from customers for JA and Experts to make money are:
    Positive Ratings
    Replies if a customer isn't ready to rate

Remove the two bottom ratings button and replace it…

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Create a policy that a question's category cannot be changed after an expert has already started a conversation with the customer.

If the category is changed to one that the expert doesn't have access to, the expert can no longer continue the conversation with the customer and is locked out.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Change your protocol. The experts aren't desperate.

Just Answer should do the right thing and change their protocol of how we experts were recompensed for our time and efforts. Its really too bad that Just Answer would rather trust strangers to be honest and reliable with paying their experts than trusting the ability and diligence of their experts who they have hired after screening their experts with at least some degree of thoroughness. This is inherently wrong and the experts are failed by this continually. I would propose that if an expert answers a given question then payment to the expert is automatic. If the so-called "consumer"…

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. stop experts from using bots.

Experts needs to stop using bots so that everyone gets a fair chance to deal with the question.

If two questions are posted at the same time both will be locked instantly by the same expert and my personal investigation into this reveals that while some experts are busy assisting customers they are locking questions too at the same time which is not possible for a human to do.

Furthermore, i have spent hours watching the questions window to click instantly as soon as the question appear (again, locked and these are just a few experts doing this).

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Disallow Ratings for Opted Out Experts

Once an Expert opts out of a question and another Expert answers that question, the customer should not be allowed to rate the answer from the opted out Expert. Opting out indicates that you do not have an answer for the customer. However, when the customer is satisfied with the answer of the new Expert, the page they return to shows the answer of the original Expert at the top. Many times, this results in an Expert who has opted out being rated and paid for based on another Expert's work. Asking for it to be changed gets a "they…

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. $2 Incentive Bonus - Needs To Remain or TIERS Need to be Increased $2

This "new" tiered pay model is not helping the experts... My actual earnings has dropped since this change and if the $2 Bonus goes away after the first Month, then it seems more effort than it might be worth...

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. add the "S" letter for subscribed customers also "inside" their questions

I would like to see the "S" not only in the question list, but also inside the question...

Can this be done?

Thank you

John Cappucci
    Computer Science Engineer

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. This new feedback system sucks

Im in the appliance Catigory and just in the last two day ,when I have told the customer they need to order a part to fix their issue ,they have given me negative feedback , how I`m I to fix the Appliance over the computer.
    I do not think this new system was thaught thru for all Catigories
    woody 463
    Sam Volker

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I suggest to launch a site survey for the new payment model

Post a site survey to experts regarding the new payment model when launched in June 2020. Promises made should be promises kept by JA as we are not even close to getting paid on all questions that met the launch model criteria. Your new algorithm model sucks!

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. redirect from parent company so other categories are easily seen

I have not been on JA as a customer in a long time and many things have changed since then, and since there has been a down-slide in the normal pet questions from my perspective, and almost none in the dog training /behavior questions I decided to go on and get the perspective from the customer’s side. I wanted to ask a training question but could not find any way to find a trainer on site. My choices were Veterinary only. I looked around for a drop down list of extended categories and found none. At the bottom of the…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make hyperlinks default to OPEN IN NEW WINDOW

There are enough problems with customers using chat and finding their previous questions (opening duplicate questions) that any hyperlink given or file uploaded should default to always open in a new window, rather than take the customer away from the current page.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Stop offering the phone call option in the middle of the expert's conversation with the customer.

Its extremely annoying that customers are replying to the system in the middle of our conversation. It is also very confusing.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Modify Destop Notifier Box

I would like to be able to "move" the box from the bottom right side of the screen. I would also like to be able to change the size of the pop up box.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Expert