Skip to content

Expert

Welcome to our official feedback forum. Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!

448 results found

1. A JustAnswer chat room experience?

How about: A JustAnswer chat room experience?
    I don’t know if this would work with all types of experts, but I think it may have potential within Medicine.

What I envision is a chatroom for general medicine and medical discussion, where multiple users could join, listen/watch, and ask questions if they like, either to other room participants or to the expert / room leader.

The way I imagine it, JustAnswer would not charge a fee for users to sit in on the room, but instead, perhaps a separate fee for asking questions and/or perhaps a larger fee for the privilege…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Use a feedback system like adwords. It can include a stars instead of radio buttons.

This is very concise and to the point.

I think it would be very hard to get confused by this.

Also the radio buttons for reasons why they may not be completely satisfied are a good feedback tool.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. For techs

You know by now that most of your appraisers dislike giving assessments via the live phone call services.
    That said, there is an additional problem.
    Lately many of my cust that get these ads think that the phone charge - $34, etc, is the value of their item. If I am lucky, they give me time to explain before they give a negative.
    Please have the techs revise the ad to make clear the ad charge is not the item value.
    In addition, I have a lot of cust that get very angry about the phone call ad.
    They just…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Offer more

this feature works for some cats, but not all which leaves perfectly good experts not getting paid nearly enough, You have gone through the trouble of verifying our credentials, I think it is time for everyone to be able to make a fair market value for their help, by setting a standard answer at 20.00 or above. We are at a time where questions are low and yet experts sit for hours waiting to make 7 dollars. Let it be known up front to the customer that a basic answer costs 20.00 and up depending on urgency, and that they…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The new payment model is unfair to experts

Under the old system, I had a 99.6% acceptance rate. My average payout per question was $17.00.

Under the new system, my customers are still happy with my answers, I receive bonuses, and my responses are as thorough as they have always been. BUT my payout rate is $10.00.

Although I always respond and click complete my answer rate has fallen to 99% without explanation. My quality rate has fallen to 4.17. I have implemented the recommended techniques and yet my score keeps falling.

My main goal has always been to provide a complete answer to my customers. It is…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. add a reminder of payment button

In the Report question drop down menu, there should be a Request payment option. This can then be sent to the customer by email to remind them about payment.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. the MOTORCYCLE category should be removed from the CAR category and placed under a new POWERSPORTS category.

having motorcycles under the car category goes to a fundamental misunderstanding of the difference between cars and motorcycles. a new POWERSPORTS category should be esablished with sub-cat's motorcycle, ATV and PWC (persoanl watercraft). the expert criteria should include PROFESSIONAL powersports work experience AND professional powersports technical training. only people with specialized powersports technical training and professional work experience should be considrered EXPERTS and allowed to answer questions in this category. ASE automotive technicains and self-taught amateurs with no professional training AND experience should not be allowed.
    the recent customer satisfaction results show a lack of customer satisfaction in the current…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Customer Opt-Outs Need to be Restricted

It was unfair before and even more so now with the new payment model. It is highly unfair to allow customers to opt out of posts and reduce Experts' earnings on the posts to $2.00 when the Experts have spent time answering the customers' questions just because the customers do not find the answers favorable. Experts do not make the rules and should not be punished for not telling the customers what they want to hear. Give the customers tool for asking for a "Second Opinion" instead of Opt-Out.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. ability for customers to PM expert when confidentialy is required to solve customer problem

I know there is a separate forum for features, but felt this would be better here since its computer related.

There are times where we need to get secure information from customers, to be able to help them. CPanel logins, FTP, Router Passwords, Document Passwords, serial numbers, keys, etc... Instead of having the customer post the information in QA or chat which is insecure, there should be an option to have the customer PM the expert the required information.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Show experts what auto-generated messages are being sent to customer

If the site is going to send auto-generated offers, responses, etc... please copy them to the expert's chat. It's confusing when the customer responds to something we can't see.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add Pharmacy to the Medical category as well

Hi. I currently answer questions as a pharmacist. I noticed pharmacy is listed under the "Health" category. However, there is also a "Medical" category which pharmacy experts cannot get questions for. Pharmacy is a Doctorate degree and many of the questions in the Medical category are directed toward pharmacists. I think the Medical categorization should include pharmacy as well. Thanks.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Post quality scores for each question and running tally on earning report page

If a quality score is attributed to each question once we hit "completed" then when the payout for that question posts to our earning report it should include the quality score. This way we know where we stand during the week and not in limbo hoping we qualify for a particular tier, until the Monday update. Also helps us know what we are doing well or wrong on each question so we can have actual feedback to improve our scores. I dropped to bronze tier ($4) in Legal for the first time and nothing has changed as far as my…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Pharmacy category should be separate from Medical

I would like to suggest to have Medical and Pharmacy categories separate. There are only a handful of us pharmacists and we get a few questions per day. But ever since the category was merged with Medical, which has thousands of MDs, us pharmacists get barely any questions to answer.
    Not only that, MDs are not really trained to answer pharmacy specific questions such as Pharmacy laws. I would suggest to please have these 2 categories separate as starting September 1, all of the pharmacy questions will be answered very fast by the pharmacists considering no more customer rating is…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 100% of all bonuses should go to the expert

100% of all bonuses should go to the expert.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Request Center - I don't want to see questions another expert is working on

I spend inordinate amounts of wasted time opening questions and sifting through questions only to find that another expert is already working on the question. There's no reason I need to see these locked questions. I only want to see the available questions. Thank you.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Peer Review System Needs Major Checks and Balances for Its Checks and Balances

I completely understand that this is because there can not be enough Mods to go around and we have to look out for JA/Pearl. But, after doing this for a long time..I have noticed these things...

1.Peer review is used for bullying and to push out new advisers, this happened to me at the beginning, luckily, I had a great Mod, that took the time to tell me, this person was a Bully.

2. Peer review is no use to use if we can not report things that matter..like an option to state..Locked out of question, Buzzing or Pushing a…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Change the question lock from 5 minutes to 10 minutes.

5 minutes is just not enough time....but I can get most of my questions answered in 10. Sometimes for whatever reason, if I am typing and the lock expires, I get kicked out of the question and all my typing is lost, and the question can be snagged by someone else.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Customers with small desktop or lower resolutions screen cannot see replies by expert

Hi Team,

Big Picture: A huge number of customers are unable to see the messages sent by an expert.

While helping customer via remote assistance I had the chance to see the portal that our customer is using to converse with the experts on Just Answer.

I found out that not all customers have a big screen or a higher resolution screen. These customers are unable to read the new messages sent by an expert on their chat screen.

This is because their page is covered by the site header at the top & at the bottom, they have a…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Only Mask the username when a customer asks an email question. Like XXXXX@gmail.com

We need to know the email provider in order to help, this would save us having to ask them to only give us the email provider and not the full email address. Another option would be have them provide their email domain when asking email questions.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Excahnge rates update for USD/GBP

Could one of the admin team advise when the US / GBP exchange rates were last updated? Rates look to have been pretty static for a long time now and there has been a pretty significant slide of the US dollar against the pound over the last year

Current exchange rate Peal/JA appears to be using is something like 1.43USD/1GBP as compared to the wholesale rate of 1.64USD/1GBP which following the slide is quite adrift of the market even factoring in bank fees on exchange.

I recall seeing a post a long time ago that exchange rates are updated manually…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?